In general, it meets every time it is needed. In particular, it meets before the World/Continental Championships, World Cups and International open tournaments. In any case, the members may communicate by mail and by telephone/Skype.
– The Committee is the primary legal counsel of the President.
– The Committee supports and advises the Board in regard of all legal and regulatory matters (advice regarding issuance, interpretation and application of regulations, legal issue).
– It is responsible for the legal review and draft approval of all corporate governance documents of WFEA as well as any official documents that are issued or submitted by WFEA to any Sport Authorities or Administrative national and international bodies.
– It gives opinions or advices to the Board, when requested, on any issues relating to WFEA documents;
– The Legal Committee further issues decisions or recommendations in specific matters, when such competence is provided in these Statutes or in provisions of further WFEA regulations.
– It protects the legal status and suggests possible legal solutions for the best interest of WFEA. – The Committee is also responsible to assist WFEA in developing and updating a framework of ethical principles, including those contained in the Code of Ethics, based upon the values and principles enshrined in the Code of Ethics as well as WFEA Statutes, By-laws, Disciplinary Code, Procedural Rules, Technical & Competition Rules and in the Olympic Charter.
– It is responsible to help ensure compliance with the WFEA ethical principles in the policies and practices of WFEA; it provides assistance, including advice or proposals, upon request by the WFEA President, the WFEA Board, or the General Assembly, in order that the WFEA ethical principles are applied in practice; it investigates on complaints or other issues submitted to it by any WFEA bodies and raised in relation to the breach of the WFEA ethical principles, and, if necessary, to recommend sanctions or other action to be taken by the Disciplinary Commission.
– It brings to the attention of whatever entity it finds appropriate, including but not limited to the WFEA President, the Board, or the General Assembly, any matter infringing the WFEA ethical principles and recommend actions or sanctions; it advises on how to avoid or resolve conflicts of interests.
– It pursues any other tasks relating to the development and implementation of the WFEA ethical principles, as requested by any WFEA bodies.
– The Committee is in charge of the conduct of disciplinary proceedings conducted as a consequence of violations of the WFEA Statutes and further WFEA Regulations by WFEA.