Medical, Health Committee
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.
The members of the Medical Health and Anti-Doping Committee are qualified doctors or medical professionals in their respective jurisdictions.
The Committee meets before the World/Continental Championships, World Cups and International open tournaments. If necessary, the members initiate other meetings, but are requested to meet during said events/tournaments. Otherwise they communicate by e-mail, mail, conference call or by telephone/Skype.
– To create, manage and implement a safety protocal for all WFEA tournaments and events.
– To ensure through collaboration and communication, that all safety rules are followed in the tournaments/championships both according to the doctors and the medical staff.
– To educate and to advise the Board concerning WFEA medical rules to the tournament medical staff.
– To improve the rules regarding to safety and health of athletes and develop monitor programs. – It makes sure that the anti-doping rules are applied and together with the Board and/or Promoter in a championship supervises the Anti-doping control and out of competition testing. – If the medical service in a tournament is not according to the rules, the Medical, Health and Anti-Doping Committee has the power to temporarily stop activities in conjunction with the Organizing Committee ont he spot. The Medical, Health and Anti-Doping Committee has also the power to postpone the start of
– To design, deploy and co deliver an anti-doping education program for athletes and officials – To communicate and educate WFEA members in best practice in medical care within the sport of Equestrian Archery.